Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Interesting Facts about Orca Whales
1. A female orca gives birth to one calf every 5 years. They average 5 calves in their lifetime.
2. Orcas generate 3 kinds of sound: clicks, calls, and whistles.
3. They have a culture! Hunting techniques and vocal sounds have been passed down through generations.
4. Orcas are found in all of the world’s oceans.
5. Most males never leave their mother.
6. Orcas have the second heaviest brain of all marine mammals.
7. May be up to 4 generations of orca whales in a group If you are interested in whale watching tours by boat or kayak please visit http://www.trinityeco-tours.com/